- Multiple locations controlled and managed from a centralized site
- Bandwidth sharing via direct host-remote fiber configuration
- Video conferencing and distance learning saves gas and reduces costs
- Lightning fast email and attachment uploads and downloads
- Unlimited bandwidth upgrades
The Rutherford County government offices are using the PANGAEA fiber network with great success. Our latest speed test results are: Download Speed: 29161 kbps (3645.1 KB/sec transfer rate). Upload Speed: 4157 kbps (519.6 KB/sec transfer rate). These speeds have allowed us to work more efficiently and transfer more data back and forth to the appropriate offices. GIS can now be used throughout both of our complexes in Rutherford and in Spindale. We have experienced little downtime but have had immediate response when downtime has occurred. The difference in cost between PANGAEA’s fiber network compared to a much slower T1 is impressive, and it’s nice to know that every dollar paid to PANGAEA is put right back into making their network better, faster, and more stable.
Rhonda Owens, CIO, IT Director, Rutherford County Government, NC