What is PANGAEA?
PANGAEA [pan-jee-uh] is an internet service offered by e-Polk, Inc., a non-profit company. Our "Speed of Light" fiber network has expanded to nearly two hundred miles, serving the major arteries of Polk and Rutherford Counties in western North Carolina.
PANGAEA Internet minimum speed:
- 10 mbps download 2 mbps upload
- Higher Speed Packages are available
Why Fiber Optic?
- Superior to T1, DSL, and cable
- More bandwidth for the money
- Sonet Ring protected Internet feeds
- VPN (virtual private network) and remote
- VOIP (voice over IP)
- Video Conferencing
- Quicker downloads and transfers
- Private LAN, WAN (local and wide
How is PANGAEA Internet different?
- End-to-end fiber connections to the Internet backbone – eliminating the speed/capacity/ distance barriers of copper or cable
- Virtually unlimited bandwidth capabilities including fast symmetrical upload speeds
to meet any customer need
- Non profit status allows lowest pricing for Internet bandwidth
- Community owned business focused on economic development and improving quality of life
- Small town service responsiveness with big city service capabilities
Find out how we are meeting customer needs in the following areas:
Pangaea is very important here at the Chamber of Commerce! When we hold Facebook and Twitter classes, participants bring their own laptops, and the speedy connection allows us to function at a high level. visitors can connect and are very impressed with the speed. Everyone in our building is using it, definitely an asset to our patrons.
Janet Sciacca, Carolina Foothills Chamber of Commerce, Tryon, NC